Solution Pages: 3
Files that you will download:
Questions Covered in the Solution:
Analyze this case study by addressing the following questions.
1. What will be the biggest obstacle faced by the BI implementation team as it expands throughout SYSCO?
2. Why did SYSCO decide to initially address only two questions with its new BI software rather than using it as a more general analysis tool in the operating companies?
3. Why did Business Objects recommend this approach? What are its strengths and weaknesses?
4. Will effective use of BI software ever be a competitive differentiator for SYSCO? Wouldn’tit be straightforward for another good service company to also purchase and implement similar software?
5. How much software should Day purchase at this time?
Sample of Solution
What will be the biggest obstacle faced by the BI implementation team as it expands throughout SYSCO?
The biggest challenge that the BI implementation team will face will be to train the employees of Sysco. It’s really hard and time-consuming to make the employees or the ultimate users adopt the new system. Often employees are very hard-wired and resistant to change; they are happy in the way things are going on and feel the change is more cumbersome and hectic.
Why did SYSCO decide to initially address only two questions with its new BI software rather than using it as a more general analysis tool in the operating companies?
There could have been many reasons basing upon which Sysco would have decided to initially just focus on two questions. Firstly, the whole Business Implementation process is a very costly one. It requires a lot of financial resources as it’s manifested in the numbers given in the case study. So Sysco might not have wanted to put all of its eggs in one basket hence restrained from a large financial investment.